Are you looking for a decent analog synthesizers? To help you find the best option for your needs, I researched various products for 91 hours and after doing an in-depth analysis, here’s my list of best options of 2021.
It doesn’t matter what your usage needs are, I’ve made sure that my list includes the best-rated options that are highly suitable for diversified usage needs.
Although my focus has been on listing the right analog synthesizers that are suitable for diversified needs, I’ve also added a short description, purchase links which should help you make an informed purchase decision.
Before making this list, I also interviewed 36 people who have been using a analog synthesizers for years and found out important aspects to consider. After doing all of it, I also read customer reviews and made sure that the products I’ve picked are high quality.
50 Best analog synthesizers in 2021
Purchasing the most expensive analog synthesizers isn’t the best solution always. Because at times even they miss out the features you need the most. That’s why I always suggest my readers to first ascertain your needs and make sure that the option you’ve picked is able to fulfill it.
Also, I know that the title says that you’ll find the “Best” option but in actuality, you’ll be finding the “Best” analog synthesizers for diversified usage needs and budgets. Thereby, even if your budget is less, you can check out the products at the bottom.
- Maker Media Inc
2. Korg Monologue Monophonic Analog Synthesizer with Presets-Blue (MONOLOGUEBL) -Musical Instruments
- 16 step buttons for faster real-time step edits
- DRIVE added for rich bass and cutting leads
- LFO capabilities expanded with higher rates and deeper modulation
- VCF changed for 2-pole with more bite
- Push button + turn knob for “parameter lock” style motion sequencing
3. Analog Synthesizers: Understanding, Performing, Buying: From the Legacy of Moog to Software Synthesis -Books
4. STYLOPHONE GEN X-1 Portable Analog Synthesizer: with Built-in Speaker, Keyboard and Soundstrip, LFO, Low pass filter, Envelope, Sub-octaves & Delay -Musical Instruments
- ADDED FEATURES: Sub octaves -1 & -2 switch, this enriches your sound by adding a second frequency below your source sound
- PLAYABILITY: Two ways to make sounds with the stylus
- AND a Pulse Width Modulation button which can be used to create a chorus effect.
- The keyboard to make distinct notes and the sound strip above the keyboard to slide between notes on a scale.
- ANALOG DELAY FEATURE: Add space to your sounds with delay time, feedback and level.
- Audio in to use as an effects unit.
- PORTABILITY: Take this synth anywhere
- Battery operated with built in speaker
- Audio line out for headphones and/or external speaker
- ENRICH THAT SOUND: New features include, LFO (with square and triangle waves), Low pass filter (cutoff/resonance), Envelope (attack/decay).
5. Vintage LM 2 Drum Machine Retro Synthesizer Analog Synth: Notebook Planner – 6×9 inch Daily Planner Journal, To Do List Notebook, Daily Organizer, 114 Pages -MIDI, Mixers, etc.
6. Retro Japanese Synthesizer Analog Music Synth / Notebook CollegeRuled Line / Large 8.5”x11” -MIDI, Mixers, etc.
- Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
- Voltage control oscillator is the source of all sound for the MS-20 synthesizer
- USB MIDI plus 5-pin MIDI
- External signal processor (ESP)
- Flexible patching system
- Works stand-alone, or with MIDI keyboards and computers
- Great-sounding all-analog audio path with 2 oscillators and multimode filter
- Easily programmable with 100 included presets
- Battery or USB powered
- Built-in 2-octave multi-touch keyboard with arpeggiator and step sequencer
- Definitive Moog oscillator with Pulse and sawtooth wave outputs.EG output (0 to +7.5V)
- Low Pass & High Pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz-20kHz) with voltage controlled resonance
- External audio input for processing outside sound sources
- Semi-modular design requires no patching for swift, inspired music creation
- Voltage controlled 32 step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- 25-key Semi-modular Monophonic Analog Synthesizer
- with 2 Oscillats
- 48-point CV Mod Matrix
- 4-mode Filter
- Sync Connectivity
- All-Analog Bass Synthesizer
- Poly Chain Capability – Black
- with 16-step Sequencer
- Four-pole Resonant VCF
- Vocoder with unique VocalTune, pitch correcting effect
- Hugely powerful mini-synth with Nova sound engine
- Layer up to 5 effects per voice
- Novation now offers a 3-Year Warranty on this and all other Novation products.
- 256 awesome onboard sounds; additional free soundpacks downloadable on registration, including the 30 Giorgio Moroder-inspired patches
- Tweak and warp your sounds in real-time
14. Vintage Japanese Synth Monster Retro Analog Synthesizer ADSR T-Shirt -Studio Recording Equipment
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Do you love Synthesizer? If the words Analog, Synth, Techno, Release, Keyboard, Electronic, Producer, Envelope, Eurorack, Rave, DAW and Attack mean anything to you, then get this design and show your love for Synthesizer!
- This design features vintage distressed look
- Great Christmas present or birthday gift for everyone who loves Synthesizer, Analog, Synth, Acid and Decay.
- Very fast reaction
- Delay and more effects
- Parameter change
- Space Delay with Time and Feedback controls; LFO with Waveshape, Rate, and Intensity controls
- VCO (Sawtooth) with Pitch control; VCF with Cutoff and Peak controls
- Ribbon Keyboard with extra-wide four-octave range; keyboard glows under blacklight
- Original MS-20 Filter with aux input allows the filter & delay to be applied to any source
- Built-in speaker, battery power; graphics that glow under black-light
18. The Synthesizer: A Comprehensive Guide to Understanding, Programming, Playing, and Recording the Ultimate Electronic Music Instrument -Books
- Used Book in Good Condition
19. Quick Guide: Understand the Analog Synthesizer : The Basic Structure of All Synthesizers Explained for the Novice -Kindle Store
20. Welsh’s Synthesizer Cookbook: Synthesizer Programming, Sound Analysis, and Universal Patch Book -Books
22. Synth Audio Analog Waves: 6×9 Journal for Writing Down Daily Habits, Diary, Notebook (Synthesizer Dj Themed Notebook) -Books
23. Keyboard Presents the Best of the ’80s: The Artists, Instruments and Techniques of an Era -Books
By Hal Leonard
29. The EQ and Compression Formula: Learn the step by step way to use EQ and Compression together (The Audio Engineer’s Framework Book 1) -Kindle Store
30. Wireless Receiver Architectures and Design: Antennas, RF, Synthesizers, Mixed Signal, and Digital Signal Processing -Books
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Ultrasaw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms
- MIDI Inwith 5-Pin DIN connector, USB MIDI In/Out, 1/4-Inch Audio Output and 1/8-Inch Headphone Output
- Steiner-Parker Multimode Filter (LP, BP, HP)
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator with new Overtone Sub-Osc, Oscillator Mixer (Sub, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle)
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
- Used Book in Good Condition
43. Korg Minilogue 4 voice Analog Synthesizer with 2 Oscillators per Voice and 16 step Sequencer with Custom Soft Case for Analog Synthesizer -Musical Instruments
- Fully programmable analog controls with 200 program memories and 100 presets with Analog signal path includes 2 VCOs, 1 VCF, 2 EG, 1 VCA, and 1 LFO
- Stylish yet rugged design includes chassis-mounted pots and rubber-coated knobs with USB plus MIDI and sync I/O provide easy connectivity with your other synth gear digital piano digital pianos piano digital korg keyboards korg piano korg keyboard
- Korg Minilogue 4 Voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer with 200 Presets – AC Adapter – Korg 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty – Korg Custom Case
- 16-step sequencer includes real-time motion recording and step programming with Monitor waveform shaping via the onboard OLED oscilloscope display
- Powerful 4-voice analog synthesizer with flexible sound-design tools onboard with Create scores of interesting sounds with 2 oscillators per voice
45. 808 -Movies
46. EQing Electronic Music: Essential Tips For Producers (Making Electronic Music Book 2) -Kindle Store
47. The Producer’s Mindset: How To Think Like A Producer And Achieve Success (Making Electronic Music Book 1) -Kindle Store
- Wear it on the street, on stage or in the studio! Great Christmas present or birthday gift for every Synthesizer lover, musician, music student, nerd, producer or dj.
- Do you love Synthesizer? If the words Analog, Synth, Beats, Attack, Decay, Release, Keyboard, Electronic, Acid, Envelope, Eurorack, Rave, DAW and Acid mean anything to you, then get this great graphic and show your love for Synthesizer!
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- This tee features vintage distressed look
- MIDI In
- External Signal Process
- 37-key Classic Analog Monosynth with Patchbay
- USB – Blue
- Save as alarms!
- Customize your device!
- The best free sounds!
- Save as notifications!
- Save as ringtones!
The Brands & Sellers
Before writing this post, I did huge research to find reputable brands and sellers who manufactured the best analog synthesizers. I did it because a product from such brands/sellers would have better customer support, global support, and better warranty options. Based on my research, here are the best brands/sellers.
- Make Community, LLC
- IK Multimedia
- Moog Music Inc.
- Vintage Japanese Synth Monster Retro Analog
- Harvard University Press
- Oxford University Press
- Hal Leonard
- University of North Texas Press
- Stereo Output Limited
- Academic Press
- Brand: Hal Leonard Books
- Sound Skills Inc.
- Brand: Routledge
- First Run Features
- Bigfoot Synthesizer Analog Sasquatch Synth Nerd
- Ivyboat Entertainment
The Buyer’s Guide
Although the main goal of this post is to help you find the finest analog synthesizers option in the market, I’ve added this buyer’s guide to further assist you in finding out the important factors to consider when purchasing.
1. Your Requirements vs Features
One of the most important things to consider when purchasing a analog synthesizers is to make sure that it has all the features you need. Also, make sure that it’s capable of doing all the things you want it to do. But, how? Well, I’ve included the notable features and tasks that can be achieved.
In some cases I might’ve not added all the features, the best way to know the offering in that case would be to check out the product listing or find individual reviews and check if the option you’ve chosen is capable of handling all your requirements.
2. The Price
If it wasn’t for budget, everyone would’ve bought the most prime option, but in a real world, all our purchases are restricted by our budget. Although, it’s important to stick to it, if you’re missing out some important features which are important to you, then it could be a bad decision. That’s why I always suggest you first make a list of requirements and then set a budget.
3. Brands / Seller Support (Customer Support, Product Quality.)
One of the reasons why branded analog synthesizers are slightly priced more than unbranded options is because of the additional value they add. When you purchase from a reputed brand/seller, you get better customer support, global warranties (in some cases), and the product quality is exceptional.
4. Customer Reviews
One of the best ways to judge a product is looking at the reviews and that stands true in the case of analog synthesizers too. But how? Well, for all the products I’ve mentioned in this list, I’ve added a purchase link, you can click on it and you’ll find their ratings, click on it and you’ll be able to read the reviews.
5. Individual Website Reviews
I don’t often do in-depth individual reviews, but individuals who make videos or blog posts about their experience with the analog synthesizers they bought. You can just make a search for the product model and add the term “review” behind it to find a few of them. Read them to get more clarity.
6. Consult Professionals or Existing users
One of the things I personally believe is that analog synthesizers experts or existing users have better knowledge about it. It’s because they either know a lot about the industry or have been using the model for a long time. The good thing is, I’ve already done a huge research by interviewing such people before making this list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best analog synthesizers to consider in 2021?
According to me, the best analog synthesizers to consider this year is the , because 89% of the people I interviewed, voted for it as the best option.
Which is the most expensive analog synthesizers and is it worth it?
The Korg MS-20 FS Analog Synthesizer – Blue is the most expensive option. It comes from a reputed brand and has additional features. If budget isn’t an issue, one should surely consider it.
Which is the cheapest analog synthesizers and should you buy it?
The Quick Guide: Understand the Analog Synthesizer : The Basic Structure of All Synthesizers Explained for the Novice is among the cheapest analog synthesizers available. It’s cheap, but has notable features, if you’re planning to get it, make sure that it has all the features you’re looking for.
Is it safe to purchase a analog synthesizers online?
This is a question I get a lot, the answer to it is – Online shopping experience depends on the website you’re purchasing from, that’s why make sure that the website you’re shopping is trustworthy. In our case, I’ve already added links to Amazon which is a very reliable eCommerce website.
What’s the average amount spent by people for a analog synthesizers?
Based on my experience, the average amount spent by the majority of the people is around 130. Also, based on my experience, 48 spend this much when purchasing a analog synthesizers.
The in-depth buyer’s guide has finally come to an end, I hope that I’ve helped you find the perfect analog synthesizers for your usage. I’ve tried to make this list as diversified as possible by including options that are suited for diversified needs and in different price ranges.
In case you’re still unable to decide the right analog synthesizers for your needs, feel free to contact me or comment below, I’ll try to solve your query or help you find one within 24 hours of reading your message/mail.
Also, if you liked the guide and find it helpful, please feel free to share it with your family and friends on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. This way, I get to help more people and you get to help your friends and family.